Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Am Not Special. We Are Not Special.

Throat Cancer, Carcinoma.

Like I mentioned b4, cancer really does strike every family. You think your elders have escaped it, You look around and say so far, so good, then there it is. It always seems as if everything happens so that a lesson could be learned. There's a falling out between two people, one wants to stay away. So the one wont be attending the family events, missing a chance to bond with the younger unfamiliar members. As a result the young members have no real memory of the one. Then the one gets sick and then eventually gets worse. Then time spent beefing, was time wasted; was life wasted. But in a time of tragedy, a family will come together and try to make up the wasted time. Try to spend time together, create more memories, but sometimes its too late. Then you learn from it; you learn to talk things out. You learn to cherish the time, and you learn to put down the cigarettes & manage the alcohol. You also learn to deal with death and even accept it. You have to digest the heart ache. There will be people that will wonder, why me, why my family. I say why not you, why not me, what makes it happening to you & yours any different than them & theirs. And in the always true, sometimes painful words of 2Pac, BUT LIFE GOES ON.

I Am Not Special. We Are Not Special.